NOVO COMPANY HISTORY
(Page 2 of 2)
The Type S engine was the foundation of the early growth of the
Novo Engine Company, over 100,000 being built in all up to and thru
1928, although it was practically discontinued by 1921 when the
multi-cylinder engines began to take their place, more along the
lines of present day manufacture.
About 1918 or 1919 we started building our own diaphragm pumps
and pressure pumps, although some of the other makes were continued
The first Self-Priming Centrifugal Pumps for the contracting
trade appeared about 1930 when we bought the LaBour Pump and
connected it to our engines. This was continued about 2 years, when
we started buying self primers from Union Steam Pump Company. This
also lasted about 2 years and in 1934 we started building our
In our multi-cylinder, present general type engines, the Model F
started in 1921 and lasted thru 1930. at one time this extended
from 9 to 50 HP.
It was superseded by the Model U line, begun in 1926 and
obsoleted in 1940-1. This line extended at one time from 1 to 38
It, again, was superseded by the Model C water cooled and A air
cooled line which was of short life, from 1936 to 1938-9. It was
restricted to our present range, 4 to 22 HP.
Our present CA and CW engines were a redesign of the C and A
models and were brought out in 1937.
The AG engine was originally intended for an agricultural engine
to replace the older slow speed engines on pump jacks, etc. It
proved too expensive for this field but found many applications on
our equipment and among other manufacturers. It was begun in 1931
and discontinued only in 19--. (date unclear original)
The A-16 engine was also an odd engine, begun in 1936 and
discontinued in 1944.
AD-3 and AD-4 Diaphragm Pumps were begun in 1938, and the
Pavement Breaker in 1936.
Page: << Previous 1
| 2 |